Now is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise ? "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" ? by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) RN Care Manager (RNCM) is a licensed professional RN who is assigned to a designated panel of patients within Primary Care. The PACT RNCM works in partnership with other team members, which includes the patient, to effectively and efficiently deliver and manage preventative, proactive, patient?driven care and chronic disease management and care needs. The RNCM demonstrates leadership in delivering efficient, comprehensive, and continuous patient-driven holistic care through active patient care, collaboration, communication, and coordination of resources. The RNCM will float to other areas in the clinic based on workload demands. The RNCM will be required to obtain BLS prior to any patient care and ACLS within the first six month of hire.
NOTE: THIS IS AN INTERMITTENT POSITION
BENEFITS MAY NOT BE THE SAME AS FOR A FULL-TIME POSITION. PLEASE SPEAK WITH HR FOR SPECIFIC QUESTIONS REGARDING BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO INTERMITTENT STAFF.
Salary will be pro-rated based on actual hours worked.
This position maybe converted to a permanent position without further competition.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not
authorized for this position.
1. Demonstrates advanced clinical knowledge in assessing, planning, implementing, documenting, and evaluating care for a panel of patients across the continuum of care, recognizing the age related cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological maturation needs of the adult and geriatric patient.
2. Exhibits leadership in promoting proactive and evidence-based care by bringing up to date research and data to the team and leading process improvements to keep team practices current.
3. Participates in chronic disease management for panel in collaboration with provider. Engages in Shared Medical Appointments (SMA), Group visits, Team visits and/or RNCM visits.
4. Utilizes the Primary Care Almanac and PACT Metrics to address population health management issues and improve Team processes.
5. Triages and applies a collaborative team approach in identifying, analyzing, and resolving patient care problems.
6. Assists in determining appropriate scheduling based on patient's clinical need. Right person, right place, right time
7. Collaborates with ancillary team members and resources within the clinic to manage clinic access issues. This may include assisting other nursing staff with maintaining clinic flow.
8. Exhibits leadership in promoting proactive and evidence-based care by bringing research and data to the team and leading process improvements to keep team practices current.
9. Promotes patient, family and team interactions, and problem solving by actively participating in interdisciplinary meetings to facilitate coordination and the achievement of identified goals.
10. Retains current knowledge of multidisciplinary resources, programs, and services, referring patients for community resources as appropriate. Demonstrates ability to collaborate and coordinate with all levels of services and disciplines.
11. Collaborate with patients to assess and identify needs, issues, care goals, and resources for achieving desired outcomes post hospital recovery and health maintenance/wellness by effectively using Motivational Interviewing and TEACH techniques.
12. Supports patient self-management by providing an ongoing relationship with the PACT with current information regarding all options, choices, and resources. Provides patient centered care while respecting patient's personal values, cultural, and belief system.
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
VA needs new employees with a wide variety of skills and professions.Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of some truly special and deserving people.Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your country's service.Those who a...lready work at VA feel privileged to assist the men and women who have defended our country. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.The Department of Veterans Affairs is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. America's veterans need you.