Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant to Long Term Care at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
The Certified Nursing Assistant Long Term Care provides a wide verity of clinical and clerical support to the Long Term Care department and other departments in accordance with Providence philosophy, objectives, policies, procedures and standards. The CNA-LTC will also function actively in a self-managed work team to coordinate daily care tasks, life engagement, and care of the Fosters change and teamwork to ensure constructive relationships and growth, while maintaining a positive and professional image when interacting with patients, their families, physicians, employees and general public.
In this position you will:
- Provide personal care and emotional support under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and or Physician.
- Perform basic patient observation skills and report significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member in a timely manner.
- Assists with measuring food/fluid intake and output and assists, bathing and dressing, including nail, skin, oral, peri-care, hand and foot care, and assists with toileting and elimination, including enemas pursuant to plan of care.
- Transports patients via wheelchair, stretcher or other method as needed.
- Actively make rounds in assigned clinical area to obtain vital signs and to provide comfort and assistance to meet patient/residents and family needs.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy environment for the patient/resident.
- Provides routine nursing and household duties/tasks to promote a resident directed model of care in the home-like setting.
- Perform duties/tasks that center around the residents by assisting them in all activities of daily living and life engagement.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current State of Alaska CNA certification.
- Completion of twelve (12) hours of in-service training annually to maintain certification.
- CNA graduates and candidates that hold a current, unencumbered nurse assistant certification or registration from another U.S. state must obtain the State of Alaska certification within four (4) months of employment.
- BLS certification or the ability to attain certification within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Alaska Food Handlers Permit or ability to attain certification within thirty (30) days of date of hire.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge.
- Physical strength to help restrain potentially violent patients, assist patients in ambulating, turning in bed, and transferring in and out of wheelchairs.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to communicate effectively with other team members.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of six (6) months experience as a nurse aide, nursing assistant or private care-giver.
- Medical terminology
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island.
This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, two psychiatric care beds and two ICU beds. In addition, the Care Center, PKIMC's extended care facility, has 19 long-term care beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy.
It is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 152642