Providence is calling a Licensed Vocational Nurse ( LVN ) ( Per Diem / Evening Shift ) to Providence TrinityCare Hospice in Torrance CA.
click on the video link to learn more about TrinityCare Hospice: http://california.providence.org/trinitycare/
In this position you will:
- Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor of Intake/Admissions and After Hours, acts as a contact for information and coordination of the initial Providence TrinityCare Hospice services from physicians, insurance companies, discharge planners and other outside referral sources.
- Provides access for new patients to Providence TrinityCare Hospice services.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all professional nursing experience.
- Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational nursing program.
- Currently licensed as a LVN/LPN in the State of California.
- Current BLS Certification through the American Heart Association.
- Minimum 1-year of LVN/LPN experience in hospice, acute care, palliative care, home care and/or skilled nursing.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates effective and diplomatic telephone communication skills.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office and e-mail.
- Demonstrates an understanding of hospice philosophy and concept and understands the needs of the terminally ill.
- Must have a valid driver's license with an automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with State and/or LCMHS/ Providence TrinityCare Hospice requirements.
- Hospice, home health or community health experience
About the hospice you will serve.
Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the oldest and largest nonprofit hospice in Southern California and the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with professional teams. Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Program) accredited. We also provide the only specialized pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles County.
As the only pediatric hospice in Los Angeles County, Providence TrinityKids Care understands the impact a seriously ill child can have on the life of a family. A specialized division of TrinityCare, TrinityKids Care helps children with life-limiting illnesses leave the hospital in order to spend as much time as possible at home with their families.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: LPN / LVN
Req ID: 151513