Providence is calling a Chief Compliance Officer open to locations (CA/OR/WA).
The Compliance position leads Compliance services provided to Providence Healthmarkets and oversees approximately 70 professional employees with varying backgrounds. Additionally, this position will participate and support the Senior Vice President – Chief Risk Officer in support of the Board's Audit & Compliance Committee. Oversight will include working with the market directors to develop risk based plans that have been vetted with key stakeholders, identifying accountabilities of management team to implement the plans and assuring that the plans reflect the current priorities of the organization, at least quarterly with management and CRO input. Additionally, the Chief Compliance Officer will assist the CRO in developing audit and compliance committee, management oversight committee and other key committee materials for presentation. Compliance Services provided through our market regions include advisory assistance on key risk areas; conducting investigations, where applicable; performing monitoring of risk mitigation activities; developing and assuring consistency of compliance infrastructure (integrity), system wide compliance risk support including privacy, research, reimbursement/revenue cycle, physician and hospital. This position, along with the market directors, will also represent the Division on key committees and task forces; and lead system-wide initiatives as determined by the SVP/CRO, on behalf of our Division.
This position will be visible to the communities PSJH serves which will translate to travel of approximately 50%.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 10 years work experience in Healthcare Compliance required.
- Experience in Leading staff in multiple locations, in a highly matrixed environment.
- 7 years management experience including working with executives, boards and committees.
- One of the following certifications: Certified in healthcare compliance, Master's in health care business, clinical, public health, etc. Juris Doctor (JD) or equivalent degree conferred by an accredited law school.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in healthcare administration, finance, business administration or related field.
- Experience in a multi-state, full continuum, matrixed organization.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Leadership
Req ID: 146865