Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Case Manager \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) to work for the Case Management Department at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Case Manager is responsible for coordinating the care and service of selected patient populations through the acute care episode, across the continuum\.
In this position you will:
- Contribute to the development of a goal\-directed, age\-appropriate plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process that is prioritized and based on determined medical diagnosis, patient needs, and expected patient outcomes
- Interact with patients and physicians to explore the most appropriate setting to meet patient needs
- Collaborate daily with physicians and care team members to support the assessment of continued need for acute care hospitalization
- Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation, and ongoing revision of initiatives to improve quality, continuity, and cost\-effectiveness
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited Bachelors Nursing degree program or completion of an accredited Nursing program with a Bachelors degree or higher in a health care field
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- A minimum of three years registered nursing experience in an acute care hospital
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A minimum of one year of hospital case management experience
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 149524