Registered Nurse - OR - FEL- Plastic Outpatient Surgery - RN Circulator 20,000 signing bonus - No Nights, No Weekends
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2110842
JOB SUMMARY: Applies the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicates pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborates in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Furthers professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards.
Collaborates in establishing the plan of care, coordinates and implements care delivery while anticipating patient care needs across the continuum.
Analyzes comprehensive information pertinent to the patient's care and management to determine nursing diagnosis.
Continually utilizes the nursing process to evaluate patient's progress towards goals and applies appropriate interventions to ensure effective outcomes.
Employs strategies to promote health and a safe and healthy environment.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
NURSING PATIENT ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the ability to assess and evaluate patients in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Conducts primary care patient interviews and physical examinations. Demonstrates sufficient acumen to recognize problems, ask questions and to contact the patient's primary care provider and other members of the healthcare team. Has experience in gathering pertinent clinical data that aid in referral, treatment, or other primary care pathways.
CARE PLANNING (NOVICE):- Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously by prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
NURSING PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency in providing patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully search for evidence to answer clinical questions. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.