Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls is seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager to join our ICU/IMCU team.
Position SummaryThe Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for managing, developing and engaging staff on designated unit or units based on size, ensuring best practice are followed with adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Accountable for achieving harm index, compliance to evidence-based protocols, patient safety, HCAPS, rounding, vacancy, turnover, productivity, overtime, expense, work place safety and staff engagement performance metrics.
- Makes staff assignments to align with staff competencies to ensure appropriate patient care and actively manages staff each shift. Works with Nursing Manager and Staffing Office to determine staffing needs.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, coaching and development of staff, and ensures execution of action plans to improve staff development and employee engagement. Works with staff to promote resolution of conflicts and counsels staff when clinical practice standards are not met.
- Assists in the hiring and onboarding process, as well as contributes to performance evaluations and staff management, as delegated by the Nursing Manager.
- Provides increased leadership visibility through actively engaging in real-time patient rounding, to support coaching and mentoring of the patient care team.
- Initiate and foster continuous improvement within department. Identify and resolve patient/customer satisfaction issues and complaints.
- Ensure compliance with regulations governing hospitals/area/service and practice/area/ service. Ensure that policy, procedures and standards are developed, implemented and maintained.
- Ensures communication of program priorities, policies, and procedures across team to ensure consistent patient experience and optimal outcomes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Experience: 3 years nursing experience
- Licenses/Certifications: RN license required
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Twin Falls
Located in Southern Idaho, just under two hours from Boise, Twin Falls offers four distinct seasons and is best known for Shoshone Falls - "Niagara of the West" - and bountiful outdoor adventures. Adventure seekers here can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and BASE jumping from Perrine Bridge. Twin Falls has a thriving agriculture-based economy, which powers its reputation as a preferred location for food science, production and processing companies. Local schools receive strong support from the community in both academics and sports, while also enriching the community's arts and culture scene. With a low crime rate, good schools and endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, you'll find Twin Falls is unhurried, unspoiled and unassuming.
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Twin Falls | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Twin Falls Parks and Rec | Twin Falls Golf Club | Farmer's Market | Pomerelle Ski Resort | Balanced Rock | City of Rocks | Thousand Springs | Magic Valley Symphony | Sawtooth National Forest
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.