$1,500 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates Only
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The LPN Care Coordinator is responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities to support a defined patient population, program and/or services. The LPN Care Coordinator will work within the scope of licensure to implement patient-specific interventions that include but are not limited to closing gaps in care, transition of care follow up, health coaching, and promotion of effective utilization of services. Basic counseling skills and a positive, enthusiastic, and helpful personality are a must.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Quality and Patient Safety Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching. Occasionally requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Occasionally may be required to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment and involves regular face-toface contact with patients and caregivers.
- Telephonic outreach to patients, caregivers and members of the patient's care team during post-acute care transition
- Performs medication reconciliation
- Proactive outreach to patients to ensure their healthcare goals are being met and care gaps are being addressed
- Enlisting a team approach by working collaboratively with the family, primary care provider and other members of the healthcare team to ensure coordination of services
- Assist patients with ongoing self-management goal setting utilizing Motivational Interviewing skills
- Facilitates follow-up appointments
- Facilitate access to community services
- Solid computer skills are necessary to be able to track patient’s adherence with their plan of care in electronic charts, as well as to utilize data reports from payers and registries to identify patients who need outreach services
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Maintain strictest confidentiality
- Ongoing Customer Service Training
- Perform other duties as assigned
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of nursing theory and practice to delivery patient care. Assist in Chronic Disease Management with use of established protocols and nursing judgement. Comfort and experience participating in a team-based model. Experience with care coordination processes. Experience in motivational and health coaching with patients. Familiarity with principles of health promotion/disease prevention. Counseling skills and a positive, enthusiastic and helpful personality to provide excellent patient service. PC skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications. Skill in developing and maintaining quality assurance as related to Commercial, and Medicare 5 star status. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public. Knowledge of community resources and a willingness to go the extra mile for a patient is a necessity. Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public are required. Attend continuing education which may include some out of town sessions.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Possession of a current Oregon LPN license
- Current healthcare level CPR certification
- 3+ years of experience as an LPN with recent clinical experience. Would consider less experienced LPN with other/related health care experience
- Knowledge of community resources is a must
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology
- Current Oregon driver license in good standing and reliable and insured transportation
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.