$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS for External Candidates
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Licensed Vocational Nurse performs a range of assigned nursing tasks and procedures under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Perform general clinical care to patients, administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with clinical standards
- Assist with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examinations, and testing of patients
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepares them for testing
- Administer injections and prescribed medications as directed by the physician
- Observe, records, and reports patient’s condition and reactions to drugs and treatments to the physician and administers prescribed medications as directed by the physician
- Greet patients and prepares them for examination, screens patients for appropriate information and instructs patients in collection of samples and tests
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and additional information such as test results in electronic medical records
- Respond to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patients and family members regarding medications, test results and treatment instructions
- Assist with referrals and medication refills
- Arrange for patient testing and admission to the hospital when necessary
- Maintain patient recall lists
- Formulate and updates patient care plans, and orders, prepares, and inspects patient charts, records, tests, and examination results in the patient chart
- Prepare examination rooms, including restocking of supplies in treatment areas
- Attend required meetings and participates in team activities and professional development activities
- Resolve site requests as assigned
- Represent clinic in a professional manner and treat all customers, internal and external, in a courteous and cooperative
- Handles patient assessment phone calls
- Escort patient to exam rooms, interview patient, measure vital signs (i.e. weight, blood pressure, pulse, and temperature) and documents in patient chart
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current and unrestricted State Vocational/Practical Nursing license
- Current BLS certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures required
- Demonstrated ability to perform medical procedures, give injections and perform phlebotomy
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- IV certification
- 2+ years of experience in a medical setting
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, grasp, handle, or feel and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, see, speak, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, climb, or balance. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds and rarely lift more than 25 pounds.
Special Requirements: Verbal and writing ability required to communicate effectively in informing employees of activities and policies. Numerical ability required. Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records. Ability to receive, comprehend, and carry out instructions; ability to work safely with equipment, supplies, and materials; ability to comply with attendance requirements; ability to comply with Human Resource policies.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
USMD part of OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of hospital, clinics and physicians. USMD serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners, and provides healthcare services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at its 2 hospitals, 4 cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics, many of which are multi-specialty.
Careers with USMD. If you’re idea of a great day at work involves putting great new ideas to work, we should talk. Throughout the greater Dallas area, we’ve built an evolving, integrated health care model that brings primary care and specialist providers together to work in new and better ways. A thriving part of OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our multi - specialty group of hospitals, clinics and providers features more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners. We provide health care services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at our two hospitals, four cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment