Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking a Nursing Shift Supervisor - RN (Urgent Care - Lake Nona), Part-Time Casual, to join our Urgent Care Clinic team in Orlando, Florida. This facility operates Monday-Friday 4pm-8pm and weekends 12pm-8pm **$1,000 Sign on Bonus offered (external applicants only)
Nemours pediatric urgent care centers provide a kid-friendly, family-centered experience for families seeking urgent care services at night and on weekends. With three centers conveniently located in the greater Orlando area, we deliver exceptional Nemours care to families where - and when - they need it most.
This position is responsible for providing quality pediatric patient care on shift and perform supervisory duties.
- Ensures cleanliness of office and clinical environment.
- Creates a welcoming environment and acts as a patient advocate.
- Observes, assesses, triages, and takes a action on all patients according to protocol.
- Provides quality patient care:
- Obtains vital signs and patient history.
- Administers medications.
- Performs and/or assists in procedures.
- Performs labs on patient samples and lab controls according to protocol.
- Gives aftercare instruction and discharges/transfers patients.
- Documents all assessments, actions, care and treatment responses, and communications in patient record in EMR, logs and requisitions.
- Executes physician orders and involves patient/family in plans.
- Supervises, ensuring all duties and protocols performed.
- Attends training sessions and meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities for the Shift Supervisor Role:
- Supervisor Staff
- Ensure staff arrive on time, leave as scheduled, approve overtime as needed.
- Ensure all duties are completed.
- Allow breaks as time/flow allows.
- Delegate tasks/duties as needed.
- Patient/Clinic Flow/Supervision
- Delegate tasks as needed to ensure shift flows smoothly and wait times are kept at a minimum.
- Supervise/oversee registration, triage, vital signs, lab tests, procedures, medication administration and discharges.
- Understands, ensures, and/or performs lab controls per COLA regulations.
- Understands proper maintenance/problem solving on machines including CBC, I-Stat, urinalysis, autoclave and Xray, and when to call for assistance.
- Call Site Manager on call and/or Medical Director as needed for guidance on shift.
- Patient Care
- Perform triage and discharge.
- Obtain and perform lab tests on patient specimens.
- Intravenous, intramuscular, venipunctures and catheterizations as per protocol and MD order.
- Administer medications.
- Perform and assist with splinting and procedures.
- Follow orders per MD and company protocol, in a timely fashion with professionalism, courtesy, competence and accuracy. Perform procedural sedation.
- Updates physician as needed.
- Discharges patient/family providing written and verbal instructions and ensuring understanding by parent/guardian/patient.
- Involve self or shift MD for problems arising on shift with patients or parents.
- Ensure all cultures received in a timely manner.
- Document results in EMR and consult MD.
- Ensure all results scanned into EMR and faxed to PCP.
- Call parents per protocol with results.
- Call prescriptions in as needed.
- Ensure all labs requisitions are accurate.
- Ensure labs to appropriate facility via appropriate route.
- Perform narcotic count with MD at beginning and end of shift.
- Ensure self pay patients are charged correctly with MD signature.
- Ensure QA/QC completed.
- Incident reports filed as needed.
- Code Cart/Safety/Environment
- Check all components of code cart and complete checkout.
- Check oxygen tanks at beginning and end of shift, making sure they are turned off at end of use/shift.
- Notify Operations Manger if low oxygen levels.
- Ensure environmental and safety concerns are met, including BWM, machines (coulter, computers) working properly, facility is clean, and supplies are ordered as needed.
- Follow protocol for discharging patient who has received IV or IM medications.
- Transfer/Admit Patients
- Clear, concise report to admitting facility.
- Perform necessary patient care until patient/family leaves facility via private car, or ALS/BLS ambulance, as ordered by shift physician.
- Ensure documentation/paperwork is complete.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Must be a Florida Licensed RN.
- PALS certification required.
- One (1) to three (3) years of clinical pediatric experience required.
- IV, Catheter and Blood draw experience preferred.
- Pediatric ICU/Emergency Department/Urgent Care experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Travel to all urgent care locations required.
**$1,000 Sign on Bonus offered (external applicants only)