Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Clinical Integration Implementation Manager (CIIM) focuses on the training and implementation of clinical policies, procedures, processes, and operating guidelines of the WellMed organization. Carries out the approved project plan established for integration, maintaining all budget and time restraints. The CIIM will work closely with operational partners, including corporate education and support department teams, to provide successful clinic and/or market integration. The Clinical Integration Implementation Manager will provide support for clinical due diligence activities as assigned.
- Completes Population Management and Processes training and implementation
- Completes Functional Patient Care Committee training and implementation
- Implements QRA processes and initiatives
- Implements Medical Management and Utilization Management processes and training
- Facilitates patient satisfaction improvement processes with the integration’s clinics
- Identifies variances in operational structure and function between current and desired state
- Engages appropriate resources to provide training, tools and support to clinic and/or market team to reach desired stated as it relates to clinical processes
- Provides support and serves as on-going resource to the clinic and/or market team to ensure performance targets are met, with a focus on quality and risk adjustment goals
- Identifies risk issues that impact successful integration of the clinic and/or m and engages proper resources to ensure resolution as it relates to clinical processes
- Ensures engagement of entire market team in successful transition of the clinic and/or market onboarding to the defined desired state
- Ensures integration timelines are met in accordance with the approved project plan
- Maintains and builds relationships across business groups
- Assists clinic staff and/ or market team in defining appropriate workflows based on introduction of new clinical processes
- Provides input into engagement decisions, including work plan, timeline and resource allocation as it relates to clinical work flows
- Completes Practice Health and Safety Assessments as assigned
- Completes Medical Chart Reviews as assigned
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare or Business Administration, or a related field (6 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree)
- Active unrestricted Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact State License.
- 4+ years of experience in the healthcare field, with an emphasis in clinic operations or staff training and development
- Demonstrated solid interpersonal skills with ability to interface effectively both externally and internally with a wide range of people including physicians, office staff, and other health plan staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies and procedures and ability to read, interpret, and apply
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skills with tools used in Healthcare Operations: EMR, Practice Management System, Clinic Operations and related systems
- Ability to travel approximately 75%
- 6+ years of directly related experience in medical practice management
- Supervisory experience in a healthcare setting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.