Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
Works under the direction of the Administrative Director in direct collaboration with the Medical Director of Non-Invasive Services. Coordinates and performs exercise and pharmacological stress test according to set protocols. Skills to perform accurate assessment of patient's response to pharmacological stress testing including appropriate follow-up to physician. Duties and responsibilities are performed according to standards outlined in the competency based/evaluation tool. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality services to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with physician, demonstrates ability to counsel patients and family members about diagnosis, testing, and risk of procedures.
- Performs approved diagnostic procedures according to set protocols.
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively and communicate accurately with colleagues and referring physician.
- In collaboration with the physician, formulate individual plan of care to achieve desired outcome.
- Coordinates, assesses, interprets, communicates, and documents patient and family needs.
- Communicates with health care team to coordinate services and contributes to the continuous performance improvement process.
- Demonstrates the ability to use effective organizational/prioritizational problem solving, and decision-making abilities in practice.
- Demonstrates effective communication, customer service, and team building skills.
- Provides emergency treatment and initiates emergency life savings measures per ACLS guidelines.
- Collaborates with the Administrate Director the development of standards of care for the cardiac patient population.
- Provides direct patient care as outlined in the Registered Nurse job description.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice in Virginia or eligible.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Masters degree in nursing required
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required
- AHA ACLS required
- Five year nursing experience to include 2 years in appropriate specialty.
- 2 years ICU experience preferred.
- Successful completion of pre-placement employment evaluation.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.